Colorado Post-Fire Recover Playbook
Download the Colorado Post-Fire Recovery Playbook – Published February 2021
- This Post-Fire Recovery Playbook serves as an actionable worksheet that includes critical and specific steps to take and contacts to make before, during, and within the first 30 days of a fire to facilitate the recovery process.
For more information, visit After the Flames.
The Phoenix Guide
Download the Phoenix Guide – Published December 2016
- This Handbook is intended to provide Conservation Districts, nonprofit groups, and communities with a step-by-step guide to use in developing a post-fire recovery and rehabilitation plan. It addresses, with examples and resource materials, issues such as who to involve in developing a plan, how to engage other interested parties, what elements to consider in assessing post-fire risks and priorities, and how to develop a mitigation or recovery plan to address those risks.
After Fire: A Synthesis and Toolkit to Help Resource Managers, Communities, and Landowners Plan for and Mitigate Secondary Fire Effects
Download After Fire: A Synthesis – Published 2016
- The online toolkit (linked below) provides a centralized resource for communities, landowners, and managers to find information and tools to help assess post-fire risks, plan treatments, and monitor successes.The following synthesis provides additional background information on how and why post-fire flood and erosion events occur and what federal and non-federal managers do in response
For more information, visit the USDA portal After Fire: Toolkit for the Southwest.
The Waldo Canyon Fire Master Plan for Watershed Restoration & Sediment Reduction
Download the Waldo Canyon Fire Master Plan – Published April 2013
- This master plan for restoration is developed to reduce the accelerated sediment yields following the Waldo Canyon Fire of 2012. This design relies on the results of a three-phase watershed assessment conducted in 2012 by Wildland Hydrology based on WARSSS methodology (Watershed Assessment and River Stability and Sediment Supply, Rosgen, 2006/2009)
For more information, visit Coalition for the Upper South Plate.
Recovering from Wildfire: A Guide for Arizona’s Forest Owners
Download Recovering from Wildfire – Revised December 2011
- This publication discusses issues property owners should consider following a wildfire on their property, including how to protect your valuable property from further damage due to erosion, where to go for help and financial assistance, how remove or salvage trees that were lost or damaged, how to claim a casualty loss on your tax return, and how to recover from wildfire damage to your property.
For more information, visit University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.